The Icing on the Cake | A UK Wedding Planning Podcast
Feb 15, 2018 31 min
My Top 10 Tips For Planning Your Wedding
22. Zoë takes centre-stage - quite literally - as we hear her top 10 tips for planning your wedding, a talk she delivered to a wedding fayre in Cardiff last autumn. Plus listener Emma asks whether a comedian would be appropriate entertainment at her wedding. This is the final episode of Series 2 - Zoë will be back later in the year. Big thanks to Andi Roselund (Sangwha Comm), Adriann and Ivolipa for the sound effects used in this episode.
Feb 08, 2018 28 min
Destination Weddings and Honeymoons
21. With passport in hand, Zoë speaks to Trish Griffiths from travelcounsellors.co.uk about stag and hen do's, destination weddings and honeymoons. In fact, If you're not tempted to elope by the end of this episode, we'll be amazed! Plus Zoë answers listener Danielle's question about prioritising her budget.
Feb 02, 2018 31 min
Why Should I Hire A Wedding Planner?
20. We've all seen Jennifer Lopez do it but is it worth making room in your budget for a wedding planner? Zoë is joined by fellow wedding planner, Bernadette Chapman - who runs dream-occasions.co.uk and also the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners - to talk about how booking the right person can take the stress out of your day.
Jan 25, 2018 41 min
Lights, Camera, Action! Wedding Videos with Richard Shelton
19. Videographer and podcast presenter, Richard Shelton, talks about the evolution of wedding videos and tries to convince us all to make the videographer one of your first bookings. Plus Zoë answers listener Charlotte's question on when to send invites to overseas guests. Richard's podcast is Our Week in Video: https://apple.co/2DMj7d3 (Apple) / http://ourweekinvideo.libsyn.com/ (Website)
Jan 18, 2018 31 min
Making The Most Of A Wedding Fayre
18. Time to get out of your PJs and down to your local wedding fayre for a Sunday full of ideas and inspiration. Zoë is joined by Amy Nation from events company, Eternity With Love, to discuss how to get the most from a wedding fayre. Plus, Zoë runs through the possible venues for a same sex wedding.
Jan 11, 2018 39 min
Behind the Scenes at a Wedding Photoshoot
17. We're out on location as Zoë and her business partner, Hanna, undertake a luxurious styled photoshoot, that will hopefully get picked up by one of the UK wedding bloggers. We meet the suppliers who make these kind of shoots happen and hear from Kat and Claire, our wedding bloggers from the last episode, on what they're looking for from styled shoots. For a full list of contributors featured in this episode, head over to Zoë's blog - weddingsbyzoe.co.uk/blog.
Jan 04, 2018 29 min
Meet the Wedding Bloggers
16. Two of the real trendsetters of the UK wedding industry sit down for a chat with Zoë. Kat Williams, who runs Rock n Roll Bride blog (www.rocknrollbride.com) and Claire Gould, who runs the English Wedding Blog (english-wedding.com) talk real weddings, styled shoots, trends and whether blogs are replacing the traditional glossy magazine. Also this episode, Zoë tackles listener Amanda’s question about an appropriate outfit for an older bride. Want your wedding question answered on the podcast? Email us at [email protected]
Dec 28, 2017 31 min
How To Make Your Speech Worth Raising A Glass To
15. Communication coach and Director of Talk Skills, Gavin Hill-John gives Zoë some valuable advice for best men, fathers of the bride, grooms and, in fact, anyone making a speech at your wedding. Also in this episode, what do you do if your DJ wants to play his own music?
Dec 26, 2017 6 min
CHRISTMAS BONUS: Winter Wedding Pros and Cons
Hair and make-up consultant, Kate Ventress, married her husband Sean five days before Christmas. In this exclusive bonus snippet, Kate lists some of the money-saving advantages to getting married in the winter - and some practical tips to work around some of the major disadvantages. You can hear a full version of this interview with Kate Ventress in Episode 14, Wedding in a Winter Wonderland.
Dec 21, 2017 34 min
Wedding in a Winter Wonderland
14. What are the top tips you need to consider to have a Christmas or winter wedding? Zoë speaks to hair and make-up expert, Kate Ventress about her Christmas wedding three years ago. We also hear Zoë's seven ideas to make your winter wedding magical and we also answer another one of your big day questions.